- Endopeptidases - cleave bonds between amino acids
- Split whole and partially digested proteins into peptides of various sizes but do not cause release of individual amino acids.
- Exopeptidases - cleave bonds at the terminus of a peptide
- Splits peptides into individual amino acids, thus completing digestion of some proteins to amino acids.
- Hydrolyses carbohydrates (starch and glycogen) to form mostly disaccharides and a few tri-saccharides.
- Has no activity against cellulose
- Pancreatic lipase
- Hydrolyses triglycerides and subsequently into monoglycerides and free fatty acids